G-Technology offer a selection of Thunderbolt drives for Mac users, called the G-Tech G-Raid, available in 4TB and 8TB capacities. These solutions are ideal for video production use and other high-demand users who need fast and reliable storage. At double the rate of USB 3.0 transfer rates, these drives offer some of the fastest storage available today.
The drive sports a design similar to the outgoing Mac Pro’s design, with a holed grill front and metal frame. It uses a single fan at the rear and even sports a Mac-style power button at the rear as well. Unfortunately, it doesn’t come supplied with a Thunderbolt cable, but thankfully you can buy them from Amazon for only $25.
As time goes on, Thunderbolt storage will become more popular, especially once the new Mac Pro starts shipping. It relies on Thunderbolt storage for adding expansion, so that’s where solutions such as the G-Tech G-Raid come into play.
- Hot Swap Function
- Ultra-fast,high-performance Thunderbolt interface technology
- Double the data transfer rates of USB 3.0 and over 12 times faster than Firewire 800
- RAID 0 designed specifically for professional content creation applications
- Supports multi-stream HDV,DVCPro HD,XDCAM HD,ProRes 422 and uncompressed SD workflows
- Dual Thunderbolt ports for easy access and daisy-chaining up to 6 Thunderbolt compatible peripherals
G-RAID is backed by a 3 year factory warranty and unlimited free technical support.
Where to Buy
You can buy the 4TB version for as little as $574 from Amazon.
You can buy the 8TB version for $760 from Amazon.